Why Rotary District 5450 Peaceful Schools Program?
- Schools want and need the support of Rotary and other community organizations as they face ever increasing requirements, including addressing their school climate and culture
- Rotary is ideally positioned within local communities to build strong and mutually beneficial bonds with local schools and educators
- Teaching our children and youth Rotary’s guiding principles (4-way test) through Rotary District 5450’s Peaceful Schools Program is appropriate, relevant and effective in creating safe, respectful and compassionate school climates
- Rotary District 5450’s Peaceful Schools Program promotes the personal growth of our youth, especially those within our Interact Clubs, by teaching them leadership skills and the rewards of community service
- Peace and Conflict Prevention and Resolution is a key focus area and global effort for Rotary International